Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Nominations for committee

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Nominations for committee
Tuesday 16 Sep 2008 10:40:05 に Jacqui Caren さんは書きました:
> In 1977ish, when starting an OND I was proposed as a student uni
> committe member. Thankfully I did not get the position (treasurer)
> because the union had been using keys to pool tables to get free gammes
> for years and that year was picked as the year the police were called
> in. The treasurer as the one legally liable got a suspended sentence.

As I understand it, the only one of the committee, as opposed to the trustees,
who could be held liable is the treasurer, and (s)he is basically liable for
any financial fraud perpetrated on the organisation by (any member of) the
committee. Because of this, I tried (unsuccessfully) to persuade my husband
not to take on the role of treasurer of the local branch of The European
Movement. And because of this, normally no-one who is or has been a bankrupt
can legally be a trustee.

Of course, IANAL.

Lisi