Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Nominations for committee

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Nominations for committee
Damian Brasher wrote:
> Tony, I don't know all the answers, but I do not want to take unnecessary
> risks myself or pull others into risk situations without some form of
> protection or preparation.

Yup - our dog club has PL *and* insurance.
Last year when our club hosted a dog show, one member raced his pickup
between cars and drove into the post marking one of the rings.
He then claimed against the clubs insurance.
Personally I think he is lucky he did not hit anyone or thier dogs.

Also I have (almost) first hand knowledge of how things can go wrong.
In 1977ish, when starting an OND I was proposed as a student uni
committe member. Thankfully I did not get the position (treasurer)
because the union had been using keys to pool tables to get free gammes
for years and that year was picked as the year the police were called
in. The treasurer as the one legally liable got a suspended sentence.

So as an official, your duties and liability should always be clear.
I have nothing but admiration for those on the committee but do think
they are nuts for doing it :-)

Jacqui

p.s. I do think that a list of duties/responsibilities/liabilities
(call it a job description) makes sense - some of us who have been
involved in small businesses have a idea but I doubt everyone in the LUG
understands what exactly what each post involves and my college days
shows just what can happen when you trust blindly.