Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Nominations for committee

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Nominations for committee
Tony Whitmore wrote:
> By doing what, precisely? To be honest Damian, it seems like you're
>
> actively trying to put people off from standing by using scare tactics
>
> whilst changing your mind repeatedly about standing yourself. With an
>
> unusually high number of people standing down from the committee this time
>
> around what is actually needed is encouragement and not intimidation.

All in your opinion, sometimes it's not possible to have a reasonable
discussion with you Tony and I'm not blind.

Do you not think it fair that the current committee point out the risk
associated with joining this committee to members, it has been overlooked?
In other words make it clear to potential committee members they are
liable in the event of a serious problem, just that alone is a basic
responsibility which has not been done.

The new committee will take on that risk then that is their
responsibility, but it needs to be said out it the open.

I'll stand as GO now the point has been made and judging by the responses
others are willing to stand too.

As GO I will suggest to the committee we investigate liability, the risk
and feasible measures to protect the committee and ultimately HL members
and will be more than happy to undertake some work as part of the role.

Tony, I don't know all the answers, but I do not want to take unnecessary
risks myself or pull others into risk situations without some form of
protection or preparation.

Damian

--
Damian L Brasher