Re: [Hampshire] Viglen MPC-L

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Viglen MPC-L
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 at 08:30:43AM +0100, Bob Dunlop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Sep 25 at 10:39, Dr Adam Trickett wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > At a LUG meeting a while ago I had a chance to look at a Viglen MPC-L computer
> > that was about to be reviewed by the Ubuntu UK Podcast crew. It looks awfully
> > cute and it's quite cheap too.
>
> Just taken a look at the Viglen web site and that's a Linutop 2.

I had the same thought.

> We've got half a dozen at work (with 1G Flash rather than a hard drive)
> that we use for various small jobs. Rock solid little box.

TYhat's good to hear.

> Taking one apart it's obvious how you'd fit the hard drive rather than
> the flash module, but I think I'd be a little worried about over heating.

Probably not going to be used that much, so I'm hoping it will be
okay.

> Still that's a very good price, cheepest we've brought the 1G flash
> version was over 200 euros.

That's what I thought too, hence my interest. Asuming it turns up
okay, Viglen have done themselves no harm at all.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.
    -- anon