Re: [Hampshire] Hello

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hello
On Tuesday 07 October 2008 18:35:43 Becky Taylor wrote:
> Hello,

Hello :-)

> I'm Becky, and am new to the HLUG. Er well quick intro I guess... I am 16,
> female, kinda odd, and love Linux.

How nice to have another! I'm female, kinda odd, and love Linux and
computers. I am, however, a lot more than 16... How's your history? If we
discount Babbage, I was born before computers..

Sadly we are unlikely to meet. I can mostly only manage school holidays now,
and not always those. But it's nice to see the ranks of females grow...

> ... My distro of choice is Mint.

And mine Debian. But my granddaughter uses PCLinuxOS 2007 and Kubuntu 8.04,
both chosen and installed by me, and my husband uses PCLinuxOS 2008 minime.
Again, chosen by me. And I had Fedora 9 on my laptop until a few weeks ago,
when I installed Lenny so I could lend it to someone else for a short while.
So I am not doctrinaire. But for using myself on my main workhorse I like
Debian Lenny (testing) and KDE <dons flame suit and ducks>.

So welcome. :-)

Lisi