Re: [Hampshire] Suggestions for replacement motherboard

Author: Mat Grove
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Suggestions for replacement motherboard
Paul Stimpson wrote:

> Motherboard integrated graphics generally give distinctly second rate performance. Do you have any PCI cards you need to bring across? If not I would give serious thought to a PCIexpress mobo. You'll be able to get a PCIexpress graphics card then which will outperform AGP.

That may be true for some people, but it depends what you are doing with
the machine.

John, if I wasn't going to play games I'd save myself some money and buy
an integrated graphics card mobo. The Intel chip in my laptop happily
drives it's own screen and simultaneously an external monitor. Likewise
the VIA chip in my desktop happily does the 1280x1024 I want.

Mat