Re: [Hampshire] OT: Part-P rant

Author: Richard Danter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OT: Part-P rant
2008/10/21 Brad Rogers <brad@???>:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:27:15 +0100 (BST)
> "Stephen Rowles" <stephen@???> wrote:
>
> Hello Stephen,
>
>> Maybe I don't understand, but as I see it Electricians and the IEE
>> must be great at lobbying the government to create this legally
>> required money making scheme :(
>
> It is indeed a money making scheme. As an electrician, working for many
> years, I can now, legally, do very little. Having said that, I wired up
> an entire house less than one year ago, and the electricity supplier
> connected up without comment.

I am not an electrician, but I am an IET member and I have degrees in
electronics and electrical engineering and I still can't legally wire
anything up much more than a plug. Won't be long before you need a
license to do that too. Then changing a light bulb.

But is' OK, we will run out of electricity soon anyway and we will be
back to steam power and candles. ;)

Rich