Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu installing problems

Author: Ritchie
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu installing problems
Hi,

You could always try booting from USB memory stick instead as a final
test. There is a fantastic program to make a memory stick bootable with
your choice of distro from:

http://lubi.sourceforge.net/unetbootin.html

It will put an ISO (or even download the latest distro for you) on a
memory stick and sort everything out for you. Just reboot and set your
BIOS to boot from USB and away you go. Also a lot quicker to boot than
DVD/CD :)

Don't give up on ubuntu, or linux in general, it's far better than
"doze" anyday.

Ritchie