Re: [Hampshire] Debian Lenny + Firefox 2.0.0.17 +Prefbar Cor…

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian Lenny + Firefox 2.0.0.17 +Prefbar Correctionto first email.
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 at 12:04:00PM +0100, Bond, Peter wrote:
> > Why, what is wrong with Iceweasel? it's just Firefox without the
> > Mozilla branding and Firefox name. It works fine for me with
> > normal Firefox add-ons. Other than a logo you wouldn't know you
> > you were not using Firefox.
>
> Up until the point that your bank strops about the useragent coming from
> an unsupported browser. Easy enough to fix, but irritating and
> completely unwarranted IMO.

Never had that problem, but then everyone is different.

> Also - how well is iceweasel tracking the Firefox releases?

As close as it would if it were called Firefox, i.e. fast in
testing/sid and only security patches in stable.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

The problem with cruel and unusual punishment is that you have to keep
being creative.  For example, some may call it cruel and unusual to turn
a spammer into spam, but by the time you feed the hundredth into the
woodchipper it's become quite usual.
    -- Anthony de Boer in the Monastery