Re: [Hampshire] Wireless bridging

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Wireless bridging
Roger Munford <rogermunford@???> wrote:
> After a bit of research on the internet, it
> appears that the solution two access points
> working in bridge mode with directional
> antennas. However most of the articles I found
> were a out of date and not very informative
> regarding equipment.
>
> Does anybody have any experience and can they
> recommend any equipment?

I've run two Netgear HE102s in a bridge;
unfortunately, they're old 802.11a devices.
Allowing for the limitations of 5GHz propagation,
they worked quite well.

At the time I was playing with them, I seem to
remember that not all APs could bridge.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.