Re: [Hampshire] Bash script interruptions

Author: Damian Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Bash script interruptions
Damian Brasher wrote:
> Graeme Hilton wrote:
>
>> If I do a Ctrl-C the zacquire_maxlines gets a SIGKILL, rather than a
>> SIGINT?
>>
>> Is this a feature of bash, or of the way the ssh command interprets the
>> SIGINT request?
>>

> Could it be that the initial Ctrl-C SIGINT stops the ssh process which in
> turn SIGKILL's the remotely executed process - I'd test this to be
> absolutely sure.

My test shows that SIGINT does not automatically SIGKILL a remote process.

>From local machine (this command takes a few minutes):

]#ssh dbrasher@192.168.*.*** "find / -name test123"

Then on the remote machine:

]#ps -e |grep find
]#strace -p PID

Local machine:

]#Ctrl-C
Killed by signal 2.

find is still running on the remote machine.

I can't see any relevant options in /etc/sshd_config to control how
remote commands are handled on loss of the ssh session responsible for
executing the remote command, find is run in a subshell.

I'm interested to know the precise answer to this one too:)

-- Damian

--
Damian L Brasher
http://www.diap.org.uk - Advanced backup volume management.