Re: [Hampshire] Mini-ITX

Author: Alastair Biggs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Mini-ITX

Thank you for the advice I recently purchased 3 shuttle boxes from Jamies computers ( Where I work) they are all in various states I have tried my best to get them to work, One is a socket 478 from what I can establish I think the motherboard has gone when the machine is powered on I am getting no graphical output, I have changed the ram, changed the processor, changed the graphics card twice, reset the cmos

The machine in question is complete, case but I'm guessing the board is dead which is a snag ive taken out a akasa molex half height PCI card and the Processor heatpipes as spares, and for now i'm keeping the machine as a spare incase I come along a replacement board.

The second one is another shuttle but it's missing a supply which is a different standard to the one I have so can't really do much at the moment.

Lastly the machine I have is a Socket 462 type Shuttle machine the case side panels are missing, I have fitted a smaller power supply then the machine originally takes and currently the supply is being held in place by cable ties, the machine it's self is in good working order but has no sidepanels.

I might relook at what I have strip out the good working components and sell my spares if anyone would be interested?

I shall have a look at http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=1054 and see what is out there.

Has anyone tested the latest version of Ubuntu with a Mini-ITX setup? as at the moment it'll be a toss up between Ubuntu and Debian as I will need to carry out some of the work using webmin.

Thanks