Re: [Hampshire] BBC downloads on linux - what do you use?

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] BBC downloads on linux - what do you use?
2008/11/9 Graham Bleach <graham@???>:
>> I want to subscribe to some podcasts and wonder what people use. BBC
>> offers feeds for itunes, zencast and zune and feeds for yahoo and
>> goodle. Having no experience at all what do you suggest? All I want is
>> for the things to appear once published, and for the option to play them
>> on the PC!
>
> Rhythmbox, the default audio player in Ubuntu, can download podcasts. To add
> a BBC podcast: Music -> New podcast feed and copy and paste the contents of
> the Feed URL box from the BBC page for the podcast you are interested in.

Even easier than that Rhythmbox respects iTunes links so even if
you're on linux you can click the funky itsp:// links and Rhythmbox
should be able to figure it out.

Personally I use hpodder (command line tool) to download audio
podcasts and Miro to do all my video ones. I like to keep audio and
video podcasts apart because my mp3 player only does audio ones, and I
use Miro to watch video ones.

Cheers,
Al.