Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Cable TV Coverage Map

Author: Paul Stimpson
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Cable TV Coverage Map
You could try samknows.com. Their exchange search tells you if a postcode may be in a cabled area. It will also show you the location of the BT exchange so you can make an educated guess as to how long the cable run is and what speed you might get. Rural areas tend not to be covered as cable is looking for a good return on every mile of cable laid and this isn't good with low population densities.

I would think twice before using VM. I've thrown them out this year because of poor service, poor speeds, throttling and them being in bed with the Phorm ISP spyware system. They make great claims for their service but in my experience they just don't deliver. They promise everyone the world and in doing so oversell network capacity. I'm getting much better results out of IDNet on ADSL than I ever did on cable.

Cheers,
Paul.