Re: [Hampshire] Hex dump

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hex dump

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Malpass" <lug@???>
To: "Hampshire LUG Discussion List" <hampshire@???>
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:52 PM

...and forgive me replying to my own post but I've just noticed that hd is a
link to hexdump on my system but if I do

$ hd foo.img

then I get what I want but if I do

$ hexdump foo.img

then I don't get the ASCII at the end. Very odd as hd and hexdump are
effectively one and the same courtesy of the link. I'm obviously missing
something here - anyone enlighten me? It's almost as though hd is some
sort of batch file wrapper for hd with the correct syntax but the ls -l
output gives me that it's a symbolic link.

Cheers
Rob