Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Bluetooth GPS Receivers

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Bluetooth GPS Receivers
Chris Aitken wrote:
>> She has a Sony Ericsson K850i [1] mobile phone and I note that there is
>> an application [2] available for it that will track your progress and
>> allow you to slice and dice it various ways for analysis and recording.
>>

>> [2] http://www.wayfinder.com/?id=7061&lang=en-UK
>>

> I tried Wayfinder a couple of years ago. It cost me an absolute
> fortune (£100's) downloading the maps over GPRS, but didn't actually
> do anything competently. I trialled it for about 5 days.
>
> It may have got better since then, but once bitten etc.
> Now happily using something with installable maps.

Hi Chris,

The cost above and beyond the initial outlay of the software and the
receiver is a concern. Basically I am looking for something similar to
the Nokia Web app that allows you to upload your stats and share them
(or not), and I am wondering how much that will cost in terms of data
transfers, etc.

Sean

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa