Re: [Hampshire] I am a person not a PC...

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] I am a person not a PC...
2008/12/3 Alan Bell <alan.bell@???>:
> as luck would have it we are working on a marketing campaign right now,
> it is far too early to share it with anyone, but I will anyway (just
> don't blog it yet). Basically what we are saying is that there is loads
> of great Free software out there, but it is a secret - don't tell Bill.
> Kind of like the "don't tell Sid" thing that was used when Thatcher sold
> our gas. We can use this theme to talk about all sorts of Free software

Now that I like! It has the vauge memory of the Sid campaign, which
isn't recent enough for anyone to call it copy-cat, but is ingrained
enough to call it a homage :)

Shame Bill doesn't have the same status at Microsoft that he once did.
I guess "Don't Tell Steve [Jobs|Ballmer]" isn't going to ring any
bells with the public though so I can see why you went with Bill.

Cheers,
Al.