Re: [Hampshire] Video compression

Author: john
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Video compression
The best compression codec I found is realplayer. For good quality 1 and half
hours of Xvid will occupy about 700 MB. The same quality and same amount of
time in realplayer will occupy about 350 MB. The realplayer can be played in
mplayer.

The next question is where do I find free software to convert to Realplayer.

I use a VMware running XP as the only free software that I know that converts
to realplayer runs under windows. The software in question may run in Wine
but I have not tried this as I have not tried to load codecs in Wine.

Look for the program "ermp194_full.zip".

John Eayrs