Re: [Hampshire] Video compression

Author: kev
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Video compression
I agree with Peter

Mpeg4 is a good codec to use. Its far more effecient than Mpeg2.
Indeed I captured quite a lot of old VHS tapes using an old bttv capture
card to a lossless format called Huffuv ( only for easy editing if
required ) then converted that capture file to H264 ( mpeg4/quicktime )
and I achieved fairly good results around 400Mb per 60 mins. I was quite
happy with the results considering how rubbish VHS is.

Kev