Re: [Hampshire] [OT Doze networking]

Author: john
To: testermike, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT Doze networking]
Hi

I am not sure if you have damaged the xp networking files. Is the network
card working ok? Try a linux live cd and see if you can pickup the router.
Ubunto, knoppix or dsl spring to mind.

The symptoms you describe are those I have had when my network card decided to
stop working.

If the network card is okay. Then look at windows firewall. It may have been
set to stop all traffic coming in.

John Eayrs