Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu LVM LUKS

Author: Paul Stimpson
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu LVM LUKS
Hi,

OK, I followed the instructions as closely as I could bearing in mind they were for another version of Ubuntu.

When I boot the splash screen appears and I am asked for the passphrase for the LVM group. When I enter it I get the error "cryptsetup: lvm fs found but no lvm configured". The boot process then repeatedly asks for the passphrase with no further results.

From this I'm guessing the LUKS volume has unlocked, the LVM group inside has been discovered but the OS doesn't know what to do with it. Do you have any idea what I might have done wrong please?

Thanks,
Paul