Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu LVM LUKS

Author: Paul Stimpson
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu LVM LUKS
Hi,

That's what I was thinking too but the machine is a dual core 2.4 and the 2 cores are alternating between 43% and 57% (one on each then swapping). I assume that random generation is a compute-bound activity so if that was the bottleneck I would have expected near on 100% both sides.

When I used dd to copy the Windows partition from the SATA drive to the new one via a USB dongle I was getting 29MBps with bs=8M.

Don't know why this thing is so slow.

Cheers,
Paul.