[Hampshire] "Little black book of fixes"?

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] "Little black book of fixes"?
Hi all

As anyone watching this list over the last few days may have seen, I've been having trouble with a few separate things. I've got around all of them (Firefox mouse wheel not working, Firefox not handling alt+d for address bar, sound only working in first app not multiple apps, nvidia 8400 X config) before on different distros but forgotten how I did it.

This begs the question: What do others use in this situation? Is there a "little black book of Linux fixes" somewhere? ISTR a website called perfectfedora, perfectsetup or something similar which takes users through the hassles faced by various users post install but to be of any use, you have to have a setup identical to that of the author's. There are of course various wikis too for each distro but, short of us all using our own webspace as an aide memoire - is there anything else?

I'm thinking along the lines of a document either on my webspace or on my NAS somewhere - just wondered if there's something web 2.0 out there for just such a task.

Cheers
Rob