Re: [Hampshire] SPAM issues

Author: John Cooper
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] SPAM issues
jack wrote:
> On Friday 02 January 2009 14:06:29 john wrote:
>
>> Hi
>

>> I got my email address in 1994. I would like to keep it. This presents me
>
>> with problems with SPAM as the address has been in existence for longer
>
>> than ten years.
>

>> Is there a way to download all emails which I can then filter out.
>

>> John Eayrs
>
> if you were prepared to use gmail you could make gmail collect the mail.
> it would automatically delete the spam and then you could collect the
> remainder from gmail.
>
> jack

After turning off the catch-all, this is probably the easiest solution
and also gives you a new email address to use. I use Thunderbird and any
spam that gets through I mark as junk which helps to automatically mark
future emails like it. You can then just choose delete all junk.

John.

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk