Re: [Hampshire] banks and home use of card readers

Top Page
Author: Brad Rogers
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] banks and home use of card readers

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58269100.hantslug.org.uk.13456': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Jan 9 21:03:36 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 94A792DF8B81EB69
On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 20:18:24 +0000
alan c <aeclist@???> wrote:

Hello alan,

> I have heard that some banks are planning to issue, or have issued
> customers with card readers for home use of chip and pin. Does anyone
> know if there are any OS issue with any of them?

They're standalone units, as Hugo said. I have one for one bank acct,
and my wife has another for her account.

Bloody waste of time, IYAM. They are used solely when using the banks'
own site, *not* when purchasing goods or services on another site. It
won't stop a thief using your card online for buying anything. Like the
CCV number, they offer a totally illusory feeling of security.

--
 Regards  _

It's only the children of the ------- wealthy tend to be good looking
Ugly - The Stranglers