Re: [Hampshire] [Chat] Another brick in the wall

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Chat] Another brick in the wall
Chris. Aubrey-Smith wrote:

>> Victor !Vi wrote:

Vic even:)

> Some time back in the '60s, I attended my first Systems Analysis course.
>
> Day 1:
>
> 1) Are you going to be able to manage the volumes of data you will be
> collecting?
>
> 2) Are you sure that you need it?
>
> 3) What are you going to do with it?
>
> I haven't heard it mentioned for a while. Does anyone do Systems

Analysis any more?

Interesting point, surely this still holds true, just because it is
physically possible and cheaper to store more data it does not
automatically follow that it can be usefully processed. In the case of UK
email logs; search and analysis algorithms will need to be designed to
make sense of it all, if possible, and that won't be cheap.

Damian

--
http://www.diap.org.uk - distributed backup volume management system.

believed to be clean.