Re: [Hampshire] Round Cude Email

Top Page
Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Tony Whitmore
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Round Cude Email

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5767e100.hantslug.org.uk.18807': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Jan 10 17:59:05 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Saturday 10 Jan 2009, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> Dr Adam Trickett wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't know if anyone is running Round Cube Email but my web server is
> > getting a lot of automated scans for it. I gather there is a nasty
> > security hole in it that is being exploited at the moment, if you use
> > this tool please make sure you are up to date and correctly configured.
> >
> > Obviously one should always keep one's system up to date however this
> > warning is real not a Peter and Wolf scare.
>
> Thanks for the warning. It seems my version of roundcube is so old that
> it probably doesn't have the vulnerability in it, but I might as well
> upgrade anyway!

Well at least you know what is out there, even if you are possibly safe.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

"There seems to be something wrong with our ships today"
    -- Rear-admiral Sir David Beatty, on seeing the Queen Mary
        and the Indefatigable destroyed at the Battle of Jutland