[Hampshire] Round Cude Email

Top Page
Author: Dr Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Round Cude Email

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58688100.hantslug.org.uk.10843': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Jan 10 12:23:55 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
Hi,

I don't know if anyone is running Round Cube Email but my web server is
getting a lot of automated scans for it. I gather there is a nasty security
hole in it that is being exploited at the moment, if you use this tool please
make sure you are up to date and correctly configured.

Obviously one should always keep one's system up to date however this warning
is real not a Peter and Wolf scare.

Hope everyone is enjoying the frosty weather - it looks pretty outside at the
moment - though I'm glad I'm not actually outside in the frost!

See the RoundCude web site for details:
    http://roundcube.net/

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Yes, I'm bitter and cynical. That does not make me wrong.
    -- anon