Re: [Hampshire] [Chat] Another brick in the wall

Author: Phillip Chandler
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Chat] Another brick in the wall

> > and downloaded the ISO, and currently trying it out ? (Just
> > thought you
> > might want a laugh on a sunday afternoon.)
> >

> Cor blimey, m$ are a bit eager aren't they ? Most windows users don't even want to go near vista yet.
>
> But then there is always the 'power users' who demand 'the best' and 'latest' bug ridden redmond detritus to slow down their 'dual-quad-core-extreme' multi-terrabyte 'man-hood' extensions.
>
> I have to be honest, i think m$ peaked some time ago, i can feel it in my water.

Obviously learnt their lesson with Vista. So now they decided to release
a Beta and promised that Win 7 would be leaner and faster, as long as
people try the beta and send back bug reports.

Mind you, do you think they will recover from the failure of Vista ?

Win 7 unfortunately doesnt have the option of changing the horrible slab
menu back to classic. Which is a shame. Famelix is also one of those
Linux distros that have the ugly looking Vista menu. Never understood
why some Linux distros wanted to mimick Vista. (Famelix, Linux XP to
name but two.).

Also the Win 7 desktop is a take on the KDE4 desktop, in that you can
put gadgets on the desktop, the clock and weather things. So maybe
Windows is trying to look like KDE4 ?