Re: [Hampshire] Am I correct

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Am I correct
Simon Reap wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>> Secondly, where is the perl interpeter installed, is it /usr/lib/perl5
>> or /usr/lib/perl I need to make a link from the interpeter to /usr/bin/perl
>> or change the first line of a lot of scripts, I am opting to make the link
>>
> I would advise against making a symbolic link for perl - I have done
> that, and perl couldn't find its modules. The symlink was from
> /usr/local/bin/perl to /usr/bin/perl, so perl looked in /usr/local/lib
> for modules, instead of /usr/lib.

???

Perl -V will tell you the paths(plural) that libraries are included from.

If you want multiple perls installed you will need ot install them
yourself.

There are tricks to get a single perl to use differnet include paths
depending upon where it is installed but IMHo these are just plain
"shack-nasty" and a possible security risk if you mess up.

Jacqui