Re: [Hampshire] Acer Aspire One 120GB Cheap ASDA deal?

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Acer Aspire One 120GB Cheap ASDA deal?

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009, Rik wrote:

> I guess better to me would mean more powerful, more storage for less

I'm not sure there is much difference between the Advent 4489 and the Acer
Aspire One in terms of RAM and processor, and the Aspire One that ASDA are
now selling for 150UKP has a 120GB HD so more storage than the 80GB on the
4489.

> If it's down to the smaller size making it 'better' then I don't
> think there is much in it.

True there isn't a huge amount in it, but the 4489 is noticeably larger
(I've compared the two side by side) and when you travel most places on
foot or by public transport it is enough to make the 4489 less desirable
(at least for me).

The only reason I haven't bought an Aspire One is the battery life, I'm
still trying to convince myself I can justify the expenditure on an Eee
901 :)

Andy

P.S. Tony had just returned from ASDA with an Acer Aspire One, and claims
they still have a few left in stock.