Re: [Hampshire] [OT] components for sale

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] components for sale
Damian Brasher wrote:
> Actually, the Mini ITX MB is just the original 5000. Works well with DSLinux
> and Puppy, Ok with Fedora 7-9 but you need to work at it. Reviewed here:
> http://www.silentpcreview.com/article17-page1.html
>
> 2) Mini ITX VIA EPIA 5000 Eden Mainboard and 500MB Ram - £25

It'll run Debian and Debian-based distros well too - I currently have an
AG running Ubuntu 8.10 with 500 Mb RAM - no issues encountered there.

I would imagine Puppy or DSL would be a better choice if a quiet desktop
is what you are after; I use mine as a file and print server, among
other things.

Sean

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa