Re: [Hampshire] [OT] components for sale

Author: Damian Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] components for sale
Saun Gibbins wrote:
> Damian Brasher wrote:
>> Actually, the Mini ITX MB is just the original 5000. Works well with
>> DSLinux
>> and Puppy, Ok with Fedora 7-9 but you need to work at it.

> I would imagine Puppy or DSL would be a better choice if a quiet desktop
> is what you are after; I use mine as a file and print server, among
> other things.

Both run much faster, the 5000 is very good for a lightweight desktop or a
server, I've gone for meatier fan-less VIA EPIA CN10000EG MB, it will handle
the most modern distro's, BBC iPlayer more simultaneous processes.

My wife is still really happy with her EPIA-SP8000EG running XP with the
white modified case I bought from you last year:) So our office is quieter
and cooler.

--
http://www.diap.org.uk - distributed archive storage system under development.

believed to be clean.