Re: [Hampshire] Purchasing music online

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Purchasing music online
On Sunday 01 February 2009 13:29:15 Mike Dwerryhouse wrote:
> Samuel Penn wrote:
> > My problem with eMusic is that (AFAICT) you can't even see what type
> > of music they have without giving them credit card details, and there's
> > no way I'm giving them that before I even know whether I'd want to
> > buy anything from them.
>
> If your problem is where to go on the initial page, look at the "About"
> link at the bottom left. From there, there are search and browse links.

Ah ha. Never found that before. A big 'browse' link on the front page
would have been more obvious. They do seem to have quite a bit of
classical music, plus also quite a good selection of audiobooks, which
is very nice.

However... they seem to charge for both separately. From what I can
see, I'd have to pay twice - once for music and again for audiobooks,
a feature that seems broken. I'm not even sure I can just get an
audiobook subscription, I'll have to try and find out more.

Do you have to use their download manager?

And by download I'm guessing that they actually count tracks rather
than 'music'. That's going to be awkward given the count doesn't roll
over, so I'd be buying fractions of an Opera one month, then wait
a month to buy the rest.

The audiobooks do look tempting however.

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???