Re: [Hampshire] [hants] nokia n800, zaurus slc3000 or what ?

Author: Isaac Close
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [hants] nokia n800, zaurus slc3000 or what ?

--- On Mon, 2/2/09, AdamC <kabads@???> wrote:

> From: AdamC <kabads@???>
> Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [hants] nokia n800, zaurus slc3000 or what ?
> To: "Hampshire LUG Discussion List" <hampshire@???>
> Date: Monday, 2 February, 2009, 3:27 PM
> 2009/2/2 Isaac Close <isaacclose@???>:
> > Hello there,
> >
> > I seem to want to plug a usb broadband dongle into
> something small that runs linux and stuff.
> >
> > Nice idea, might even be possible, from what i can
> gather, both devices do have a 'host usb' bus (not
> just a client), also the connector/cable is
> 'buyable' from ebay it seems.
> >
> > Do you know about other such devices worthy of a look
> ? before i click 'buy it now' is there something(s)
> i should be aware of ?
> >
> > tia,
> >
> > Isaac.
>
> I'm not sure if you are referring to the mobile
> broadband dongles, but
> if you are there was a thread about this last September on
> the list:
> http://hantslug.org.uk/lurker/message/20080915.235519.f8ba8d1a.en.html

I know, i started the thread back then :)

Having just read it again, i'm pretty sure to go for the e220 on vodafone, since 'three' reception round my way is not upto much.

Just not sure if there is any serious 'gotcha' about the nokia or the sharp zaurus, or weather their maybe a better alternative.

many thanks,

Isaac.