Re: [Hampshire] When I'm gone?

Author: Phillip Chandler
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] When I'm gone?
On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 18:36 +0000, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Paul Tansom wrote:
> > OK, somewhat prompted by my current state of mind and recent events, but
> > a valid question none the less.
> >
> > For those that have non-technical other halves, relatives or etc. who
> > don't know other techies, what, if anything, have you in place for the
> > contingency of not being there to support your systems? I'm not thinking
> > so much a desktop system, but if you have a server handling mail,
> > printing, file sharing, etc. that would likely be over kill or not
> > wanted without yourself to support it, do you have details of what to do
> > with it and/or an envelope with passwords put to one side?

Is there a way of writing some sort of script, combined with a user
account, that when/if you were to log on with this specific account, the
script would start with admin rights and wipe your HDD's ?

Im just thinking that we dont know when we're going to go, so have a
letter kept with your solicitor / will etc with the specific user
account login details.