Re: [Hampshire] When I'm gone?

Author: Steve Kemp
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] When I'm gone?
On Wed Feb 04, 2009 at 19:49:05 +0000, Phillip Chandler wrote:

> A) - Being morbid. When your gone, your families going to be worrying
> about other stuff. Some of you have mentioned that your wifes arnt
> technical. So my thinking is would they just give the machines away ?
> Rather than have the added worry of getting the HDD's wiped ?

Indeed my home PC I think I'd be happy for it to rot.

But I run services for other people and it'd be a shame for them
to cease. In practise most things I manage, including my company,
would tick over without any manual intervention - but after a while
things like SSL certificates and domain registrations would lapse.

So there are things that I need to manage, but family photos,
personal emails, contacts, and logins to websites wouldn't be anything
I'd dwell on particularly..

Steve
--
Managed Anti-Spam Service