Re: [Hampshire] Low capacity 2.5" IDE hardisk?

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Low capacity 2.5" IDE hardisk?
On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 19:08:18 -0500 (EST)
Andy Random <andy.random@???> wrote:

> Anybody got any suggestions where I can source a small (under 20GB, 6
> would do fine) 2.5" IDE hard disk?
>
> Second hand would be ok, if it comes from a reputable/reliable
> source, I gave up buying HDs at auctions/on ebay a long time ago.

Hi Andy

I have a Hitachi 6.4Gb drive that came out of a dead Thinkpad you can
have if all other sosurces fail. I was going to put it in a usb
enclosure but it was too thick (ended up getting a new 250Gb sata
drive) so it is 'surplus to requirements'

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop