Re: [Hampshire] Low capacity 2.5" IDE hardisk?

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Low capacity 2.5" IDE hardisk?
> Hi,
>
> Anybody got any suggestions where I can source a small (under 20GB, 6
> would do fine) 2.5" IDE hard disk?
>
> Second hand would be ok, if it comes from a reputable/reliable source, I
> gave up buying HDs at auctions/on ebay a long time ago.
>
> Andy

Hi Andy,

Computer Exchange (used to be near the Bargate, now in Marlands) might
stock used disks. I bought some 3.5" 20Gb units recently from one of
their London branches. They have a short warranty period, not sure of
exact length.

Other suggestion is the computer fair that occurs in the Novotel hotel
near West Quay once a month.

I have some low capacity 3-4Gb 3.5" HDDs (and other bits) which I'm
planning to give away for free at the next Soton LUG meet. Might be
useful if you're building a cheap software firewall appliance.

Im