Re: [Hampshire] VirtualBox USB passthrough

Author: Keir Whitlock
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] VirtualBox USB passthrough
Hi Steve,

I did this a while back so I hope I can remember this right but try
adding a new group, like usb, then add your user to that group.

usb:x:504:kwhitlock

Then in your fstab add the following line, where devid is the group id
above ^

none /sys/bus/usb/drivers usbfs devgid=504,devmode=664 0 0

then do a mount -a, if that doesn't work try rebooting.

Regards,
Keir