Re: [Hampshire] Does anyone "know someone" at Demon?

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Does anyone "know someone" at Demon?
On Tuesday 10 February 2009 11:15:09 Phillip Chandler wrote:
> Ive got a mate [snip] who is with Zen. Pays £25
> Per Month, but the service is 100%. Gets through to someone who knows
> what their talking about, no script rubbish.
> He had problems with the Bt exchange, and Zen reported the problem,
> saying they were going to log it as a voice fault, and even told my mate
> not to mention anything about ADSL.

When our exchange was first enabled, and we were at last connected, I had a
problem for which at that stage I didn't know who was responsible. It was a
voice fault that had arisen as a result of our getting ADSL. Voice=BT or
ADSL=Zen? I rang and asked Zen support which it was.

Zen support said that it was a voice line fault and should be reported to BT.
The chap then added: "If you have any problems, get back to us and we'll sit
on BT for you."

They have even attempted to help me with a Linux connection problem. They
didn't succeed - they suggested all the things I had already tried. They
then asked me to get back to them when I found the answer so that they would
know when the next person asked. I did so and was thanked. :-)

Lisi