Re: [Hampshire] [OT] DNS cache on Netgear DG834G

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] DNS cache on Netgear DG834G
On Tuesday 10 February 2009 11:17:53 Simon Reap wrote:
> Lisi wrote:
> > I have googled, but without success.
> >
> > How do I flush the DNS cache on a Netgear DG834G v.4?
>
> Have you tried turning it off and on again?

No - I was trying to avoid that if I could. I am irrationally fond of my very
fast connection (currently 8064 kbps, according to the router), and if I turn
my router off, the sync speed sometimes drops for a while, before the
exchange puts it back up again. But as I say, that is irrational of me - and
if connection to this website becomes more important, rather than an
irritating niggle, I shall have to try that. :-(

I'm only really pursuing this because, if my router has a DNS cache, it might
be an idea if I knew how to flush it.

> (almost a joke - my ancient DG834Gv1 occasionally needs a solid kick to
> get its wireless working properly)

:-)

If in doubt, restart it. The first thing one has to learn!!

Lisi