[Hampshire] Launching a command from the web

Author: Paul Stimpson
Subject: [Hampshire] Launching a command from the web
Hi,

Due to an unfortunate software screw up at work we're in the position where our non-technical users are having to use a command line work around to start and stop a mission critical process on a machine they shouldn't be logging into.

I just had the idea to install Apache on it and create a noddy web page with a number entry box on it and a start and stop button. They would enter a 4 digit number in the box (which would ideally be checked that it was a 4 digit number. E.g. 1234) and then a dos command would be run e.g. C:\program files\importantapp\importantapp.exe stream 1234 3 start (or stop depending on which button was pressed)

I'm not a web person. Is there a quick and easy way I could do this please? All advice greatfully received :)

Thanks,
Paul.