[Hampshire] Imap and Kmail

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List, dorset
Subject: [Hampshire] Imap and Kmail

I have recently upgraded my distro which included a newer version of Kmail
(now 1.9.9 previously 1.9.3), problem is I can't seem to get my imap e-mails
sorted out.

I am using 1and1 web hosting and have two imap e-mail boxes, both receive but
only one sents. I know it works as I had it setup working quite happily
previously. Now I have all the port number which I have from my old kmail
configuration and double checked this with the 1and1 site. I have double
checked the account passwords on the 1and1 site which work ok (they have a
password test app in the user control panel), what I can't resolve is what
authenicatrion to use. 1and1 only lists Windows and Mac clients, so has
anybody setup 1and1 impa on kmail and can let me know what there settings
are.

Thanks in advance

Tim