Re: [Hampshire] Which Perl Modules

Author: Tim Henley
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Which Perl Modules

I have hit a wall, I am trying to install mwforum, I have been following the instructions (http://www.mwforum.org/doc/stable/Install.html) and I am stuck at what I guess is a simple instruction

shell> mysql -e "GRANT ALL ON mwforum.* TO mwforum@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password'"

The words, mwforum, mwforum@localhost and password have to be changed a suitable word for my setup, but I am at a loss to workout what I should put in those bits. I am running the command as root

I have named my database msn so I assume mwforum.* should be msn.*
mwforum@localhost I think should be msn@localhost
password is the password for mysql database??

The error I am getting is

Error 1045 (28000) Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using passowrd: NO)

The stupid thing is I have setup the forum on a test machine and did not have a problem but doing it again on the server is causing me problems.

Could anybody open my eyes for me, there so many trees I can't see the wood

Tim