Re: [Hampshire] Which Perl Modules

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Which Perl Modules

Well, the thread title is wrong now - this is a MySQL question...

> shell> mysql -e "GRANT ALL ON mwforum.* TO mwforum@localhost IDENTIFIED BY
> 'password'"
>
> I have named my database msn so I assume mwforum.* should be msn.*

Yes.

> mwforum@localhost I think should be msn@localhost

Could be. In this context, "mwforum" and "msn" are MySQL usernames; use
whatever will remind you of their function in three years' time...

> password is the password for mysql database??

It's the password for *that user*.

> The error I am getting is
>
> Error 1045 (28000) Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
> passowrd: NO)

Try adding "-p" to your mysql command. Make sure you know the root MySQL
password.

> The stupid thing is I have setup the forum on a test machine and did not
> have a problem but doing it again on the server is causing me problems.

Your test machine probably had no root MySQL password set. Your production
machine definitely should...

Vic.