Re: [Hampshire] UK Government backs open source?

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] UK Government backs open source?
2009/2/25 Simon Capstick <simon@???>:
> Does anyone believe the government will actually follow through with
> this one?

> Simon

Looks good to me; it's one more tool for those of us trying to get
FOSS into schools etc. I loved the bizarre government double speak in:

Government departments will be required to adopt open source software
when "there is no significant overall cost difference between open and
non-open source products" because of its "inherent flexibility".

We do actually have a well understood word in English for 'non-open' -
it's CLOSED !

ATB, Peter