Re: [Hampshire] Samba permission problem

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Samba permission problem
On Wednesday 25 February 2009 21:03:16 Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 19:11:25 +0000, xendistar@??? said:
> > I have a strange problem, I have three folders on an ext.USB hard disk
> > which is formatted to ext3 and I share via Samba
>
> What does the share stanza look like in smb.conf?
>
> What is the output of the 'mount' command?

Sorry for the delay in replying, been having e-mailing the lug list

The mount command gives the following

mit@Titan:~$ mount
/dev/hda5 on / type ext3 (rw,noatime)
tmpfs on /lib/init/rw type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,mode=0755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
procbususb on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,mode=0755)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=620)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)
binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc
(rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
/dev/sda1 on /mnt/sda1 type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime)
/dev/hda7 on /mnt/hda7 type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime)

The Samba share is as follows

[Pictures]
path = /mnt/sda1/Pictures
case sensitive = no