Re: [Hampshire] Cheap Netbook

Author: Alan Bell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Cheap Netbook
you might want to ponder a bit on the implications of an existence of a
boatload of refurbs though.

I think you can get the same motherboard in a slightly better bit of
plastic from Elonex for £99 brand new. If you want a really cheap MIPS
processor to play with then go for it. It is a sub-netbook with an
800x480 screen which is teeny tiny. The operating system is a bit of a
horror with everything running as root, the Elonex version sucks a bit
less (in that it looks prettier) but it still all runs as root. If you
want a netbook to actually use then this really isn't the one to go for.