Re: [Hampshire] Mounting external drive.

Author: Clive Woodfine
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Mounting external drive.
2009/2/27 john <jee@???>:
> Hi
>
> Take the drive out of the caddy and mount it in your desktop.  Use testdisk to
> get back the partition data.  You have the dreaded USB disk FAT destroyed by
> operating system problem.
>
> John Eayrs

John,

Thanks for suggesting TestDisk as did James Ashburner. I have been
reading up on this and am wondering if I should use dd to make an
image first and use this with TestDisk in case things go wrong. This
means buying another hard drive first though so the job has been put
on the "todo" list. As always other things have cropped up which seem
more important at the moment.

--
Clive Woodfine